Thursday 1 May 2008

Catching up......

I have not blogged for such a long time due to being so so busy. I shall endeavor to let you know some of the important things that have happened since I last posted. About 3 weeks ago our little Hen Lucinda, started to get broody, being novices we had no idea that this may happen. We needed to seek advice from the breeder we got her from. He said we could do two things, either shoosh her out of the nest everyday and encourage her to get over it or he could give us some eggs for her to sit on.... Being a kindly person I could not bear to upset her or cause her any grief so we decided to take him up on the latter and put some eggs under her, he gave us eight eggs. He said it would take 21 days. She has been quite content but very territorial. We are feeling sorry for the older one Jill, she has seemed lost without her pal to play with, consequently we have been giving her lots of cuddles and treats. The days have passed and we have had a busy time with Birthdays in the Primrose Household... April 19th was DS2 18th Birthday.


We celebrated all weekend visiting family, and lovely meals in and out. I also made cakes for this cupcake tree, I bought it from Amazon and it will be useful for future birthdays and special occasions.
Champagne to toast the Birthday Boy..... onwards to

A lovely Spanish Tapas Bar on the Quayside in Newcastle...a few beers later I think, here he is with proud dad and younger brother.

Can't believe my boy is 18, I can remember the day he was born as if it were yesterday. He was the best birth out of the three, but the worst baby as he suffered from colic for the first 16 weeks, he has been a joy ever since then, I am so proud of him and all his achievements.

Five days later on the 24th April it was DS3 birthday - he was 13. We had a much quieter affair, he had a friend from school to tea and I cooked one of his favorite meals Bang, Bang Chicken and of course another birthday cake. Oh how my diet has suffered. Oh I almost forgot it was DH Birthday on 2nd of April, the one before the half century. We had a great meal in town at a Thai Restaurant, the food was excellent and DS1 was home from Uni which made it even better.

Finally last weekend DH and I went off to Wales for a few days, we had family to visit and things to do.

It was also a trip down memory lane for my husband as he was brought up in and around the Black Mountains in Mid Wales, we visited the village where he grew up and saw the house he lived in as a child, I visited this house when we first met in 1976. We walked to the top of the common, looking down on the Village of Velindre.


It was quite strange to be back, needless to say it has all changed. There are now new houses in the field opposite the cottage he lived in.


This was his old infant school, you can still see the markings on the wall where they played ball games. It is now a house. How times have changed.

No comments: