Wednesday 27 August 2008

Start of our Holiday in the US.......

Up at the crack of dawn and our first trip to T5 Heathrow , DH visits here most weeks so he gave us a bit of a tour aroud this



architecturally stunning building.
DS3 enjoying the flight.

We woke up next morning, this was the view from our hotel window. It was hot,hot,hot....

First stop picturesque Vermont, we spent the day travelling to the mountain resort of Killington, famous for it's skiing. We checked into The Killington Grand Hotel, and our condo was the High Ridge comlpex.



This is a photo of our living area, very well equipped and cosy. The main hotel a short drive away had a great pool and hot tub. Boys bonding.


The reason for travelling to this resort in particular was for the Mountain Biking, in the summer months the mountain transforms into a mecca for bikers. The boys and DH enjoyed a day on the mountain, in heaven I think....



I do not partake in these activities so I took the hotel courtesy bus to the town of Rutland where I had an indulgent time shopping at http://www.michaels.com/ and http://www.joann.com/ look what I bought. More bags to knit.

I think an extra suitcase on the way back home......

Needless to say today I was in heaven too.....

No comments: