Friday 6 March 2009

A Perfect Day for Drying........

Today has been a glorious blustery day, perfect for drying clothes outside. There is something special about the smell of laundry, freshly dried. It makes me want to wrap myself around the clothes and drink in the smells, it is almost like a tonic. For some reason it reminds me of my childhood. I suppose drying clothes outside was the norm back then, none of these fancy tumble dryers. I must confess to owning one, and they do have their use, but I try to limit myself using it. It is about this time of year that it will go into hibernation and not be used again until the late autumn. Saving the environment and electricity costs.

An exciting weekend is planned DH2 is on his way home for a couple of days. So off to catch up with more chores and some baking.

No comments: