Tuesday 14 April 2009

When the Chickens are Naughty......

We have been installing some" Chicken Proof" edging around the lawns in order to prevent them scratching and covering the lawn in all sorts, this may not prevent it but it's worth a try.

I bought this Bamboo edging at Wilko and I rather like it, I think I may have to go and get some more.
This is Lucinda,remember last year she was surrogate mother to six babies, well she is broody again. It started about 4 days ago, she just wants to stay in the nest and gathers the eggs that the other two have laid. I am fighting a loosing battle as every time I pick her up and put her outside she just tries to get back in. I had to close the door of the coop today to stop her going back in. Luckily the other two had already laid. I think I shall just have to persevere!!!!!!

1 comment:

vanessa said...

Oh Lucinda! So adorable! Well, I imagine there's nothing quite as determined as a broody hen. I would love to own hens, they seem like real characters.
Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)