Thursday 1 April 2010

My recent trip...........

The Country Living Show was great, lots of lovely Spring and Easter goodies. It really made me feel spring is here at last . Although, I saw lots of lovely things I was very restrained in my purchases and resisted the temptation to spend, spend, spend. I did however make one special purchase which I could not resist. I met a lovely local girl called Emily who was selling the most wonderful kits to make teddy bears and animals.
Her company is http://www.emilys-ark.com/


I fell in love with William, the little fellow below. I now cannot wait to start making him.
He reminds me so much like Ted, the bear I recently repaired.


Then onto Birmingham for http://www.ichf.co.uk/fashion/ Fashion & Embroidery.

They were displaying some of the costumes worn in the Film " The Duchess".


The work was fascinating, so much detail.



Even dresses made for pregnant women

Afghanistan Inspirations


The exhibits were of a very high standard, alas the photography does not do them justice.


My day complete, I was ushered out of the building by Storm Troopers visiting from another exhibition in the NEC.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a beautiful post! so enjoyed it.
the guys at the bottom are a bit scary though ;o)