Saturday 15 May 2010

More about the jumbled letters .........

They will eventually become........
Primrose Patch :: Summer Bunting
I hope you can see a bit more detail on the lettering, I am stitching each letter in co-ordinating coloured embroidery threads. When they are finished I will applique them onto fabric triangles. Not sure at the moment what fabric to use. The idea came from something similar we did for the guild last year. It is such an easy project and it looks very effective. I made a name quilt for my niece's birthday last year using a similar method.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Oh HOW beautiful . . . . you are soooooooh very clever, Love Helen xx

Unknown said...

That's a wonderful idea. I should start making one for the new studio. Sorry I couldn't make Twyne - DS was ill this morning. He has a great knack for being ill when I REALLY want to go out. He's fine now and has eaten lunch and is in the garden. School tomorrow!