Tuesday 18 May 2010

It's summer I think..............

The weather here today is glorious, it feels like summer is here. I don't want to say it too loud as you know it could be the "kiss of death", and we could be back to sub zero temperatures in a couple of days. If the weather forecast is to be believed we are in for a hot snatch....fingers crossed.

Today I was meant to be somewhere but it was cancelled at the last minute so an unexpected day at home. I have been trying to get some studying done, but it has been difficult as you can imagine, the lure of sitting in the sunshine doing a bit of hooking in my comfy new chair. It's now late afternoon so I better get off and try to put a few words onto paper, I am writing a 2500 word reflective commentary in relation to a current Nursing Practice. I am attending a Ear, Nose and Throat/Head and Neck Cancer Management Course which when completed and if I pass will give me 20 credits towards a degree in Practice Management. Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts......

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't this sun wonderful! SO good to feel the warmth.

I love that new chair.

Good luck with the studying I'm just answering "How compelling is the argument that there was no single path towards behavioural modernity in Africa" then I have an essay to write on the "Evidence for domestic rituals in Neolithic Europe". Certainly makes a change and a good excuse not to hoover.

Guys have put windows sills on today and the electrician comes tomorrow to (hopefully) finish off. They've started making the cabinets too - just waiting to see if I've chosen the correct stain for the outside - hope so!

Ric is fine today, off to school and looking forward to Ford. I banned TV for the last three days because he was naughty on Friday and its been so quiet, ban lifted tonight though. So I guess I'll be watching the Simpsons at 7.30 :)

Pipany said...

I wish we had sun but it is dull here again today. I love that chair!! x

Middle Cottage Diary said...

Your chair looks soooo comfortable. Please, fingers crossed this weather will stay. I have been in a great mood recently despite being really busy at work and I think it is all due to the weather. Enjoy!

ju-north said...

Hi Denise! Didn't know you had a blog or I would have been here sooner! Good to see what you are up to!