Tuesday 1 February 2011

February......

It's here and I am so pleased, It feels like we are leaving the winter behind and spring is just around the corner.  I am patiently waiting for the crocus's in the garden to flower so I shall content myself with this image until they show their colourful flowers........

I bought this book from a well known book discount stores last week, it was very cheap.  It is one of those books with lots of information, handy hints and tips, old and new.  A bargain. 

Having finished the favours last week for my friends wedding it is time to start thinking of the next ones.  My sister is getting married in April and I am going to make favours for her wedding.  It is a smallish affair, I have 20 to make.  She is having a bit of a vintage theme, so I have started to make the fabric myself with silk and old lace , it is filled with dried lavender ,this is the prototype.

4 comments:

driftwood said...

oooh lovely, one very lucky bride!

ju-north said...

Lovely! You could start a business ...

lemonade kitty said...

How lovely a vintage themed wedding and a sister who makes all the hand made hearts for you, will you be making them all different? Lucey xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous heart. Hope your fairy's bring crocuses soon. xox Corrine